Ashley Floyd, LMFT
Education & credentials
- B.S. in Psychology from University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2016,
- M.S. in Couple and Family Therapy from University of Rhode Island in 2019.
I believe therapy works best when the therapist and client can collaborate and come up with goals the client would like to achieve. My approach is very client-centered and focuses on tailor-made strategies. It is my objective to come up with engaging, effective, and creative ways to make those goals happen.
Therapists will often use the phrase, “meet a client where they’re at”. To me, this means approaching every client with a non-judgmental attitude and really getting to know them from all angles. Deciding to get help is not easy and by “meeting you where you’re at”, I hope to make that process feel a little less scary. I strive to build relationships that are built on trust, comfort, and hopefully fun that will ultimately benefit you, ease distress, and help you on your way to achieving your goals.
- I am the oldest sibling of 5. My youngest sibling is 4 and my oldest sibling is 22!
- I love superhero movies, especially Marvel movies.
- My favorite sport to play is volleyball, and my favorite sport to watch is football.
- My go-to self care is reading, writing, cooking, sewing, and cuddling dogs. I am getting a Sheepadoodle puppy soon!