Ashley Lyon, ATR, CAADC, LPC
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Anger Management
- Art Therapy
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Domestic Abuse / Violence
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Grief / Loss
- Identity Issues
- LGBTQIA+ Issues
- Men's Issues
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorders
- PTSD / Trauma
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Suicidal Ideation
- Telehealth / Remote Therapy
- Women's Issues
Education & credentials
- Master of Arts in Counseling and Art Therapy, Wayne State University
- Bachelors in Fine Arts, concentration in drawing, minor in psychology, Wayne State University
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Registered Art Therapist (ATR)
- Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CAADC)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy trained
As a counselor, I believe in assisting people in becoming aware of the power they hold within to make positive change. I take a holistic approach while implementing theoretical concepts as a way to encourage individuals to find balance and personal freedom. While doing so, individuals are able to establish a sense of self, increase self-worth, address emotional distress, change unhealthy thinking patterns, re-establish a sense of hope, and create personal meaning to their lives. It is my hope that individuals are able to get to place where they believe recovery from anything is possible and attainable.
Change is never easy, it can be painful, exciting, and scary. My goals is to assist others in their own personal journey to live a more fulfilling life and hopefully have some laughs along the way.
Trauma, PTSD, anxiety/panic, OCD, phobias, depression, bipolar disorder, grief and loss, divorce adjustment, self-harm, addiction, adjustment challenges including career, relationship, and school, self-esteem, LGBTQ concerns, stress management, adolescents and adults. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), art therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
What do you love doing more than anything in the world?
I really love being outside. Whether it is gardening, going to a beach, or walking through the woods, I find it really restorative and relaxing.
What was your dream job when you were in elementary school?
Being an artist.
What is the self-care strategy you use most often?
Walking my dog through a wooded trail or taking him to the lake.
What is your favorite movie of all time?
Lord of the Rings.
Describe your ideal vacation? Has it happened yet?
My ideal vacation would be to go to a secluded island with my husband where we have our own bungalow. Sadly, it has not happened yet, but we’ve been close with some of our vacations.
What is the most delicious meal you can imagine?
Lamb, potatoes, peas, and mint sauce.