Brian Dawson, LMSW, SSW
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- ADHD / Attention Difficulties
- Adoption / Foster
- Anger Management
- Bipolar Disorder
- Child Behavior Problems
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Couples Therapy
- Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Abuse / Violence
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Faith Based / Spirituality
- Men's Issues
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Premarital Counseling
- Relationship Issues
- Telehealth / Remote Therapy
Education & credentials
- Masters in Social Work, University of Michigan
- Certification in School Social Work, University of Michigan
- Licensed Masters Clinical Social Worker (LMSW), State of MI
- Bachelor of Science, Eastern Michigan University
I operate from a strengths-based perspective focusing on creating a safe place to explore, learning to understand one’s self, providing an opportunity to self analyze along with clinical guidance, and develop skills to respond to life’s stressors along with managing personal mental health.
It’s an honor and privilege to work with my clients helping them navigate the challenges of life.
Addiction, ADHD, Adolescence/Teen, Adoption, Anger Management, Anxiety, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Couples Therapy, Depression and Anxiety, Faith-based, Families, Family conflict, Family therapy, Infidelity, Juvenile probation, Men’s Issues, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Parenting, Premarital Counseling, Work Stress.
Providing mental health support since 2001, I play basketball, airsoft, video games, and board games with my wife and kids, have an expansive comic book collection, live on a small farm with plenty of animals, and cut my own wood to heat my home in the winter.