Christina “Chrissy” Jolokai, LLMFT
Education & credentials
Undergraduate degree: Grand Valley State University
- Minor in Dance, Major in Psychology
Graduate degree: Northcentral University – Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy
My philosophy is that curiosity is what life is about. I am constantly curious about life and about my clients. I strive to learn as much as I can so I can work together with clients to help them better their lives and reach their goals. I try to pull from many therapeutic models, using what works best for the client. I truly believe that with open eyes and a kind heart, I can meet the client where they are and help bring them to where they want to be.
I truly believe that I didn’t choose this path; it chose me. I knew I wanted to go into the mental health field since I was a senior in high school, but I just didn’t know to what capacity. I was always very curious about the inner workings of relationships. I love that I am welcomed into people’s lives and given the opportunity to see them at both their most vulnerable and most resilient. Being a part of someone’s growth is one of the most amazing parts of my job.
- Work with all ages and groups of people.
- Trained more specifically for therapy with Couples and Families.
- Special interests in movement therapy, mindfulness, Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Narrative therapy, and art therapy.
- I love comics, especially Marvel.
- I am also a competitive dance instructor which is why I love to incorporate movement into therapy when possible. I believe that movement can be very healing.
- I love ALL types of music.
- Me and my husband love to tent camp, especially in the UP.
- I have a cat named Moo Cow and he goes for walks like a dog.
- My favorite season is Fall.
- My favorite holiday is Halloween because I love to dress up!
- Other hobbies/interests: dancing, singing, nature photography, hiking, cosplay/makeup, seeing live music, and bird watching.