Grant Flood, LMSW
Education & credentials
- Master of Social Work from Wayne State University
- Bachelor of Social work from Eastern Michigan University
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of Michigan
Life is predictably unpredictable. Despite this, adapting to challenges may not always feel familiar or simple. Feeling understood and accepted is a powerful aspect to dealing with change, but not always available or prevalent. My goal is to provide support and tools while navigating through a variety of struggles and challenges. I strive to provide a holistic therapeutic approach that best fits each individual or couple I work with.
Life is serious, complicated, and chaotic. The process of therapy, while challenging, can also fun and relieving. Working in this field and helping others has been a goal of mine, and I enjoy and appreciate using it to help others meet theirs.
- Bipolar disorder
- Anxiety and Panic
- Obsessive compulsive disorder/behaviors
- Grief and loss
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Emotional and behavioral challenges resulting from traumatic head injuries
- Co-occurring mental and substance use disorders/addiction, medical health
- Adjustment challenges, including change in job/career, relationship, school
- Couples counseling
- LGBTQ concerns
- Racing thoughts
- Self-esteem and assertiveness
- Teenagers and adults with Autism, including social skills and boundaries
- Mindfulness interventions
What do you love doing more than anything in the world?
Hugging my cat. He tolerates it.
What is the self-care strategy you use most often?
Music – listening or playing.
What was your dream job when you were in elementary school?
What is your favorite movie of all time?
Describe your ideal vacation? Has it happened yet?
Up North. Yep.
What is the most delicious meal you can imagine?
I don’t understand the question – is it supposed to be something other than pizza? Never mind, it’s pasties.