Halene Waytes, CAADC, LPC
Education & credentials
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, IL
- Bachelor of Arts, Albion College, MI
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), MI
- Certified Advanced Alcohol and other Drug Counselor (CAADC), MI
- Certified Human-Animal Intervention Specialist (CHAIS), Oakland University
- Member, American Counseling Association (ACA)
- ALGBTIC Professional Member, ACA
The most important part of therapy to me is the therapeutic relationship itself, and the rapport built between client and therapist. In my part of the relationship, I feel it’s important to meet the person where they are at and help them face their challenges, but also to challenge thinking, and help remind them of positives and opportunities for growth. Change does not happen overnight, and takes time, but allows us to see the strength and resilience of the individual.
It is my pleasure and an honor to be chosen as a part of a therapeutic relationship. I find value in being a ‘sounding board’ for people who need to get emotional pain out of their bodies, and enjoy helping individuals fill their toolboxes with coping skills, suggestions, and positivity to improve whatever is wearing on them in life. I value the autonomy of the individual, and enjoy helping my clients come up with positive solutions for their problems.
- Addiction/Chemical Dependency
- Co-Occurring Disorders
- LGBTQ concerns
- Stress Management/Adjustment stress (school, moving, work, etc).
- Relationship issues
What do you love doing more than anything in the world?
Laughing. I love a good laugh, great comedy, and find a hilarious situation….priceless!
What is the self-care strategy you use most often?
Dancing; I particularly like tango (both American and Argentine). I have to be cognizant of my partner’s movements as well as my own; it encourages good mindfulness. It’s also fun to just crazy dance to the radio 😛
What was your dream job when you were in elementary school?
I wanted to be a detective.
What is your favorite movie of all time?
Blazing Saddles; I appreciate the humor and the fact no one goes ‘un-made fun of’
Describe your ideal vacation? Has it happened yet?
I’d like to spend some time in Europe. I’ve spent a little time over there, but not in a long while.
What is the most delicious meal you can imagine?
Polish food is comfort food for me; I usually eat vegetarian.