Karen Bailey, LPC
- Chronic Illness / Pain
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Couples Therapy
- Divorce Adjustment
- Faith-Based / Spirituality
- Military Family Issues
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Pregnancy / Postpartum
- PTSD / Trauma
- Relationship Issues
- Suicidal Ideation
- Telehealth / Remote Therapy
- Women's Issues
Education & credentials
- M.A. Community Counseling, Siena Heights University
- Fully Licensed Professional Counselor, State of Michigan
- Member of the American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Member of the Michigan Counseling Association (MCA)
- Member of the International Association for Counseling (IAC)
Positive change unfolds through a genuine therapeutic relationship attentive to the mind, body, and spirit of each person. In working with individuals, I find it helpful to focus on the strength and resilience of life’s journey, empowering each person’s innate ability to understand, explore, and accept change.
I strive to listen unconditionally to every aspect of an individual’s life journey, emphasizing the importance of listening as a component to strong relationships. It is a privilege to engage and guide clients to a deeper understanding of hope, beliefs, values, and purpose in life. Healing, growth, and meaning are accomplished through a thought-filled therapeutic relationship.
What do you love doing more than anything in the world?
What is the self-care strategy you use most often?
Solitude, Sleep, Exercise and Prayer
What was your dream job when you were in elementary school?
I was in my 40’s before I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up
What is your favorite movie of all time?
Describe your ideal vacation? Has it happened yet?
Anywhere near Lake Michigan, Lake Superior, I travel to each every year
What is the most delicious meal you can imagine?
Mom’s Spaghetti or Dad’s Popcorn circa 1980