Karen Bailey, LPC
Education & credentials
- Master of Arts in Community Counseling from Siena Heights University
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication from Michigan State University
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Member of the American Counseling Association
- Member of the Michigan Counseling Association
- Member of the International Counseling Association
Positive change unfolds through a genuine therapeutic relationship attentive to the mind, body and spirit of each person. In working with individuals, couples and families it is helpful to focus on the strength, resilience and hope of life’s journey, empowering each person’s innate ability to understand, explore and accept change.
I strive to listen unconditionally, emphasizing the importance of listening as a component to strong relationships. It is a privilege to engage and guide clients to a deeper understanding of their life’s journey. It is a gift to share in the healing, growth, mindfulness and meaning achieved when one seeks change. I am honored to work with each of my clients, and am often impressed by their insightful wisdom.
- Emotional and behavioral concerns in children and adolescents
- Couples Therapy
- Adjustments to life transitions and stressors
What do you love doing more than anything in the world?
What is the self-care strategy you use most often?
Solitude, Sleep, Exercise and Prayer
What was your dream job when you were in elementary school?
I was in my 40’s before I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up
What is your favorite movie of all time?
Describe your ideal vacation? Has it happened yet?
Anywhere near Lake Michigan, Lake Superior, I travel to each every year
What is the most delicious meal you can imagine?
Mom’s Spaghetti or Dad’s Popcorn circa 1980