Laura Sagolla, JD, LLMSW
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Divorce Adjustment
- Grief / Loss
- Identity Issues
- LGBTQIA+ Issues
- Pregnancy / Postpartum
- PTSD / Trauma
- Relationship Issues
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Solution-Focused Therapy (SFBT)
- Suicidal Ideation
- Telehealth / Remote Therapy
- Women's Issues
Education & credentials
- Master of Social Work, University of Michigan
- Limited Licensed Master of Social Work (LLMSW), State of Michigan
- J.D., University of Michigan
Clients often have more strength and skill than they know, and it is my job to help them recognize and cultivate those strengths and skills.
I combine training in evidence-based therapy with a down-to-earth style and a wide range of life experience, including 20 years as a practicing attorney. I believe there is a place for humor and hope in therapy, even amidst the painful thoughts and feelings bound to arise. I come to the profession with a broad set of life experiences that allow me to understand and empathize with the diverse challenges of adolescents and adults in school, work, families, friendships, and romantic relationships.
You need not carry your worries, pain, or sadness alone. I am here to help you tolerate and accept your unwanted thoughts and feelings at the same time that you move toward the life you always wanted to live.
- I used to represent Indian tribes in environmental litigation, including to fight for fishing rights in the Puget Sound.
- My favorite author is Charles Dickens.
- I am a musical theater fan: I love singing, acting, and directing.
- I love national parks! My favorites so far are Glacier and Zion.