Melanie Slep, LMFT, LPC
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Couples Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eating Disorder
- Family Therapy
- Grief / Loss
- Life Transitions
- Pregnancy / Postpartum
- Premarital Counseling
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Stress Management
- Telehealth / Remote Therapy
- Women's Issues
Education & credentials
- Master of Arts degree in Community Counseling with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy, Western Michigan University
- B.S., Family and Community Services, Michigan State University
- Member of American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- National Certified Counselor
- Certified in the PREPARE/ENRICH Program for couples
I believe my role as a therapist is not focused on giving advice and solving client problems, but rather on working with clients to discover their own solutions to their problems and supporting clients through the process of growth and change as they strive to become the best version of themselves.
I am grateful to my clients for inviting me into their lives. I pride myself in providing a safe, caring, non-judgmental environment and I feel privileged when clients use that environment to share their thoughts, emotions, and experiences with me.
- Premarital and Marital Counseling; Certified in the PREPARE/ENRICH Program
- Disordered eating
- Struggles with body image
- Couple Therapy: communication styles, intimacy and sexuality, conflict resolution, and many other common stressors in couples
- Life transitions/Life Stressors
- Women’s Issues
What do you love doing more than anything in the world?
Spending time with loved ones, jigsaw puzzles while listening to music
What is the self-care strategy you use most often?
“Me” time (usually guilty pleasure TV shows or a puzzle), venting, healthy boundaries
What was your dream job when you were in elementary school?
I was torn between a veterinarian and a dolphin trainer
What is your favorite movie of all time?
I can’t possibly choose just one! Here are some of my top picks: The Princess Bride, The Crow, Elf, Mannequin, The Money Pit
Describe your ideal vacation? Has it happened yet?
A family trip to Disney World that is long enough to thoroughly explore and enjoy all there is to see and do at the happiest place on Earth. Follow this up with a week of relaxing and leisurely taking in the sights in Hawaii and you’ve got my perfect vacation.
I’ve been to Disney World several times, but always leave wishing we had more time to take it all in. I’ve never been to Hawaii, but it’s on my bucket list!
What is the most delicious meal you can imagine?
Does dessert count? Yes?? Then CHOCOLATE!! And maybe some cookies, pastries, etc. Basically just a buffet of goodies at a bakery/chocolate shop. Then, to balance out all the sweet, some good Italian food like pizza or pasta.