Monica Laming, LMSW
Education & credentials
- Master of Social Work from University of Michigan
- Master of Public Health from University of Michigan
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Michigan State University
- Fully Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Certified Infant Family Specialist Level II
- Active member of Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health
I believe that we all develop and become who we are out of the context of our earliest relationships. What has been hurt in relationships can only be healed through relationships. My role with children, families and adults is to engage in a positive, open and authentic therapeutic relationship where healing, change and meaning can be made, explored and understood. I use a variety of modalities to best fit your needs and with that also a deeper understanding that true change comes through the opportunity to explore and make sense of our past, present and future.
I am very passionate about the opportunity to work with individuals and families of diverse backgrounds and ages and feel honored to be invited on their journey toward growth and change. I learn just as much from the families and individuals I work with as I hope they learn from me. Whether it is through play with a young child or through speaking one’s truth with an adult; therapy is a beautiful and powerful process that I believe has endless possibility.
- Social emotional development and behavioral difficulties with children and adolescents
- Early childhood trauma
- Family relationships and attachment
- Maternal health/ Reproductive stressors (post-partum depression, miscarriage, fertility difficulties)
- Grief and loss
- Addiction/ Impacts on Family
- Play Therapy
- Infant and Child Parent Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness interventions
What do you love doing more than anything in the world?
Dancing and being with family
What is the self-care strategy you use most often?
Snuggling with my fur babies
What was your dream job when you were in elementary school?
What is your favorite movie of all time?
Describe your ideal vacation? Has it happened yet?
Beach with white sand! Yes, but I could always use another one.
What is the most delicious meal you can imagine?
Nachos and tacos!