Rebecca Jokinen, MA, LLPC, NCC
- ADHD / Attention Difficulties
- Art Therapy
- Bipolar Disorder
- Child Behavior Problems
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eating Disorders
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Identity Issues
- LGBTQIA+ Issues
- Personality Disorders
- Play Therapy
- Solution-Focused Therapy (SFBT)
- Women's Issues
Education & credentials
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Northern Arizona University, 2020
- Limited License Professional Counselor, State of Michigan, 2020
- National Certified Counselor, USA, 2020
- Member of American Counseling Association since 2017
- Member of North American Society for Adlerian Psychology since 2019
I believe everyone is capable of living the life they dream of— or at least close to it! Each individual is unique and has a subjective reality to guide their behavior and thinking patterns. Once this subjective reality is explored and understood, including the manifestations of the reality and the roots that created it, the individual can challenge and alter it to create a new, more fulfilling experience. Therapy is a space for clients to explore their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors in an open and nonjudgmental manner while developing skills to help guide them through emotions and experiences.
What do you love doing more than anything in the world?
Anything artsy, hanging out with friends and family, traveling, and anything outdoors!
What is the self-care strategy you use most often?
Mindfulness, meditation, deep- breathing, and creating (art, music, conversation)
What was your dream job in elementary school?
I wanted to be a veterinarian or a teacher!
What is your favorite movie of all time?
Across the Universe
Describe your ideal vacation. Has it happened yet?
Lying on a beach with hiking spots nearby—I’ve done this several times!
What is the most delicious meal you can imagine?
Chicken Alfredo is really good, but anything chocolate for dessert!