Scott Adams, LPC
- ADHD / Attention Difficulties
- Adolescence / Teen
- Child Behavior Problems
- Child Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Couples Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Grief / Loss
- Life Transitions
- Military Family Issues
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorder
- Stress Management
- Telehealth / Remote Therapy
Education & credentials
- Master of Arts in Community Counseling from Eastern Michigan University
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Central Michigan University
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- National Certified Counselor
- Air Force Veteran
My philosophy as a therapist is to always meet the client where they are in life. This could include conflict with a spouse, children or any of the number of curveballs life throws at us. Life has many stressors and changes that can be difficult to handle at times and my goal is to help you through these challenges. I work with my clients to determine what goals they want to achieve in therapy and how best to do so. It has always been my objective to work for the goals of the client and to realize everyone has different backgrounds, beliefs and experiences that make us who we are.
Therapy can be a very challenging and rewarding relationship that is built on mutual trust and respect that I strive for with every person I work with. I believe allowing someone to help us navigate through life is not a sign of weakness, but of great strength. I truly appreciate helping clients and for you allowing me to be a part of your life during this time.
- Family conflict
- Adolescent social, emotional and behavioral issues
- Relationship issues
- Parenting concerns
- Self-esteem/assertiveness issues
- Grief and loss
- Adjustment to life transitions and stressors
- Working with Veterans
What do you love doing more than anything in the world?
Spending time with my wife and children
What is the self-care strategy you use most often?
What was your dream job when you were in elementary school?
What is your favorite movie of all time?
Describe your ideal vacation? Has it happened yet?
My ideal vacation would be a trip to Ireland, which has not yet happened.
What is the most delicious meal you can imagine?
True southern fried chicken, homemade biscuits, gravy, french fries and a large Mountain Dew.