Susan Imhof, LMSW
Education & credentials
- Master of Clinical Social Work from Michigan State University
- B.S. Health Information Administration, Ferris State University
- Licensed clinical social worker, state of Michigan
- Certified Advanced Addictions Counselor, state of Michigan
Making changes can be one of the most difficult but necessary things we can do for ourselves. In therapy we partner together applying the tools, experiencing encouragement and holding a place of accountability in order to make changes that last.
It is such a privilege to go on a healing journey with clients and hear their personal stories. When those stories come from a place of pain and dysfunction, life is viewed from a distorted lens. Join me in exploring and learning how to challenge, change or discard old beliefs in order that you may move forward in life, writing the next chapter of a healthier story. I will provide faith-based, Christian counseling if it is requested.
- Adult ADHD
- Adult alcohol abuse
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
- Individual and family relationship issues
- Stress management
- Adult Child Of Alcoholic(ACOA)
What do you love doing more than anything in the world?
Spending some fun times with my family and playing games together.
What is the self-care strategy you use most often?
What was your dream job when you were in elementary school?
I would pretend I was a teacher and taught those stuffed animals every day after school.
What is your favorite movie of all time?
I really like adventure movies like Apollo 13 or Master and Commander.
Describe your ideal vacation? Has it happened yet?
I would love to go to Santorini. The blue sea against the white architecture is gorgeous.