Tara Freni, Clinical Director, LMFT, LPC
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Adoption / Foster
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Couples Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Abuse / Violence
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Faith Based / Spirituality
- Family Therapy
- Gottman Method
- Grief / Loss
- Identity Issues
- LGBTQIA+ Issues
- Men's Issues
- Pregnancy / Postpartum
- Premarital Counseling
- PTSD / Trauma
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Sexual Problems
- Solution-Focused Therapy (SFBT)
- Suicidal Ideation
- Telehealth / Remote Therapy
- Women's Issues
Education & credentials
- Master of Science – Marriage and Family Therapy, The University of Akron
- Bachelor of Applied Arts, Central Michigan University
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, State of Michigan
- Licensed Professional Counselor, State of Michigan
- Member, Delta Kappa Lambda – The International Marriage and Family Therapy Honor Society
- Clinical Fellow, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
The therapeutic alliance, or relationship between you and I, is the most important factor in the therapy process. I will create a warm and accepting environment, free of judgments, where you are able to share your vulnerabilities at your own pace. Using an integrative approach, I will collaborate with you to gain insight into your life and create long lasting, positive change. I hope to equip you with enough tools that the world will seem brighter and you will feel ready to tackle life’s obstacles.
I admire the strength clients show in sharing their vulnerabilities and being self-reflective, so that they can live fulfilling and rich lives – I am privileged to support that growth and to be let into your life for the time that we work together.
- Couple Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Relational Issues; infidelity concerns, strengthening trust and communication, parent-child relationship struggles, coping with life transitions, blended families
- LGBTQ Concerns
- Grief, Loss and Separation
- Maternal Health/Reproductive Stressors
- Identity Work
What do you love doing more than anything in the world?
I love love love to check out new cities and try amazing restaurants, especially if I have the company of one of my favorite people.
What is the self-care strategy you use most often?
It’s probably a tie between chatting with a close friend and meditation – opposite ways of processing and both so valuable.
What was your dream job when you were in elementary school?
I always wanted to be a teacher. Then for a short time it was a State Representative. Luckily, those careers didn’t take off!
What is your favorite movie of all time?
Remember the Titans
Describe your ideal vacation? Has it happened yet?
I dream about hanging out hillside in beautiful Greece with plenty of sunshine, feta cheese, and picturesque views.
What is the most delicious meal you can imagine?
I’m guessing perfectly al dente pasta in Italy. Hopefully one day I will find out!