Terry Witherspoon, LMSW
Education & credentials
- Master of Arts in Counseling from Spring Arbor University
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Criminal Justice with a minor in Human Services from Siena Heights University
- Limited Licensed Professional Counselor
- Member of the American Counseling Association
- Member of the Michigan Counseling Association
- Member of the Theraplay Association
I look at how children are developing at home, at school, with peers, and in other systems to help them function optimally within their environment. Children communicate best through play. Play therapy allows children to live out their true thoughts, feelings and experiences in a safe environment that supports growth and healing.
One of my favorite quotes is by Anna Quindlen….’The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.’ I truly enjoy working with my clients and deem it a privilege that they allow me to work with them.
- Childhood emotional and behavioral concerns
- Grief and loss
- Play therapy
- Parent-child relationships