Tianna Rooney, LMFT, PhD
Education & credentials
- Doctorate from Michigan State University in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Clinical member of American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Past President, Michigan Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Approved Supervisor through AAMFT
Change is possible within a positive therapeutic relationship where one’s thoughts, feelings and behaviors can be understood, examined and challenged in a safe and respectful way. As a clinician it is my role to guide this process of exploration and vulnerability. It is a privilege to be trusted with people’s hopes and dreams for a better, more satisfying life.
I continue to learn from my clients daily and use these life lessons regularly. A wise man once said ever so softly in session with me, “we only get one shot at this” (referring to life) as he considered making significant changes. It is our responsibility to ensure it is the most wonderful, joyful experience that we would be proud to call our own. Giving this power to anyone but ourselves is a big mistake. Empowerment is a remarkable tool that will bring about even more remarkable results.
- Disordered eating
- Couples therapy
- Identity work at all stages of life
- Grief and loss